Earlier today I took an @Uber car to the airport and found myself really enjoying the mix of music my driver, an older African-American man, was playing in the car. I asked if it was a satellite radio station he was playing and, if so, which one it was. He replied that it was a CD he’d made, his own mix of personal favorites. A little while later we arrived at LAX and, after helping me get my bags from the trunk, the driver handed me a CD.
"Here, I want you to have this," he said as he handed me the CD he’d been playing. "I know you will enjoy it."
He then smiled widely, climbed back into his car and drove away. It was one of the nicest things anyone has done for me in some time.
C.S. Lewis (via casimirpulaskiday)
My coworker Jessica Nordell wrote this article — it’s pretty revealing.
Click through for an article I wrote collecting interviews, links and resources for turning outrage into action. If you’re angry about Ferguson and want to do some work right here in the Twin Cities, go to the rally on Thursday and click through to the article for some ideas.
Wits has officially joined the new podcast network Infinite Guest!
We are thrilled to be in such great company, including:
- our good friend mikeeaglestinks
on music and life and everything worthwhile
- a new SPORTS podcast from our very own John Moe
- our pals at thedinnerpartydownload and splendidtable
- a podcast about works in progress with famed authors Sherman Alexie and Jess Walter
- the beauty and excitement of sound with mikerugnetta
- an exploration of the secrets of 20th Century Hollywood with youmustrememberthispodcast
- conversations about video game music with topscorepodcast
- questions and answers and fun with etiquette (truly!) with Lizzie Post and Daniel Post Senning from The Emily Post Institute
- stories about the law and how it affects us with Life of the Law
- conversations about the best of food from Pati Jinich and Sally Swift
Check out everyone because THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST!
The company I’m interning for, Zeus Jones, worked on the branding for this launch (including the name Infinite Guest).